The lead safeguarding officers in the school are:
Mr Anthony Arnold - Academy Head - Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Lucy Carr - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Ms Nicky Dunford - CEO
If any member of staff is concerned about a pupil's well-being, emotional or physical, and/or has worries about their safety either from their own or others’ actions (others include adults and young people in and out of school)
The school procedure is as follows:
- Discuss concerns with the School Designated Safeguarding Lead or Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (if DSL not on site)
- Concerns must be reported as soon as possible. It is much better to share a concern or worry than to keep it to yourself.
- The School Designated Officer will make a decision as to whether outside agencies should be involved. This will usually be following advice from the Child Protection Threshold Team (CYPS)
- Write down as soon as possible what the pupil has told you, including the time, date, and names of other people involved.
- Confidentiality should never be promised, you have a legal obligation to share any concerns that involve a child being harmed or at risk of harm
- The pupil's welfare is paramount.
- If the concern relates to the conduct of another member of staff this must be reported to the Academy Head.
Contact list for other DSL's within our Trust.
Bearnes – Dan Turner 01626 353980
Broadhempston- Jill Ryder 01803 762656
Cheriton Bishop – Robin Scott 01647 24817
Diptford – Holly Edgington 01548 821352
Drakes - Pete Halford 01395 443871
Ilsington – Sam McCarthy-Patmore 01364 661208
Harbertonford – Anne Burns 01803 732352
Hennock - Chris Martin 01626 833233
Landscove – Jill Ryder 01803 762656
Morchard Bishop - Sam Butler 01363 877328
Moretonhampstead – Alex Waterman 01647 440482
Otterton - Pete Halford 01395 568326
Stoke Gabriel – Alice Eeles 01803 782469
Tedburn St Mary – Andy Keay 01647 61338
Yeoford – Robin Scott 01363 84234
Remember - Never feel worried to share a concern.
It is always better to share a concern and find out later that there was nothing to worry about than not to share a concern and find out later that a child has suffered.
Out of hours helplines/websites:
KOOTH - https://www.kooth.com online help and chat for mental health and wellbeing
Childline - https://www.childline.org.uk or 0800 1111
NSPCC - https://www.nspcc.org.uk or 0808 800 5000
Devon Children and families partnership - https://www.dcfp.org.uk/training-and-resources/multi-agency-safeguarding-hub-in-devon/